Friday, September 22, 2006

Fortune Cookies

I don't not like lawyers. Really, it's my father who thinks that they're the supreme source of all bureaucracy and red tape, and he was just a year off from finishing his law degree. With that in mind, I wasn't too convinced with joining J for a volunteer night - sure, it was at a swish hotel by Manila Bay, but the actual thought of slaving instead of watching a movie might not have been the best way to spend a weekend. A movie, nice dinner and sweet dessert sounds definitely more interesting than being slaves to future possibly-arrogant and demeaning lawyers.

But, having been a volunteer for school orgs, council works and what-not in college, the answer was a 'sure, why not'.

We packed drinks, medicines, and snacks into the loot bags for the barristers, but the most interesting piece inserted was three fortune cookies. Pity, I was hoping that they'd have the messages types in some Chinese sweatshop, but they sounded they were lifted from the Purpose Driven Life website. Tsk. I read "Take chances and place your faith in God", when I was expecting "Later chance bucket throw chicken" or something.

Sounds like fun? Yeah it was, I'm just a little scared that if it's a lot of work now that J isn't taking the bar yet, what more would it be if she was going to take it. I'm stacking up on those fortune cookies.

0 talkbacks: